ma·ni·cot·ti [man-i-kot-ee] –noun Italian Cookery . a dish consisting of large, tubular noodles stuffed with a mild cheese and baked in a tomato sauce
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI (www.allrecipes.com)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, onion and egg. Season with parsley, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. In a separate bowl, stir together spaghetti sauce and water.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture, and arrange in a single layer in the dish. Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
Spinach (fresh bunch)
Mandarin Oranges (1 can)
Slivered Almonds (handful)
Olive Oil (a few drizzles)
Sea Salt (dash)
Directions: Clean & Rinse the spinach. Tear apart (remove stems) and put in salad bowl. Drain out the juice from the oranges and pour into bowl. Add about a handful (more or less) of slivered almonds. Drizzle some olive oil & toss. Shake a little sea salt and toss. ENJOY!